Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When I was 30:


The days and nights grew long as the drive to a destination much desired continues for many months. The growth of knowledge and experience in my field was steady and sure. The breadth of wisdom at my fingertips while Plato, Kant, and Wittgenstein dance in a jig in my head. The joys of dialogue my daily bread, the fresh cynical faces of the young my protagonists. The challenge and complexity of life ever increasing, so to the length and loss of love, ebbing and flowing before me. The dark highway spoke a warning that escapes me, but remains at the periphery of mind for years to come.

The patter and cries of new life enter my life once again, ill prepared and overjoyed by the insta love for the innocent one fills my being. The preponderance of a hopeful future permeate with the smiles and laughter of the little faces of my progeny.

No comments:

Post a Comment